Lenovo is a leading electronics brand that is known for making good computer devices. It is one of the companies whose products are quite popular among various users worldwide. Due to various kinds of unique features and capabilities, the laptops and desktops have garnered a lot of praises. Despite having so many distinct features and software that comes bundled with the machines, then also you can encounter plenty of errors. One such glitch that you get while using Lenovo devices is the keyboard driver error. In the next sections, you will get the causes of this error along with some of the easiest solutions.
Fundamental Reasons Behind Keyboard Driver Error
This section will provide you with various reasons behind this error. Some of the causes of this glitch are:
- You can get this issue if the system files are missing or got corrupt somehow.
- If the registry files are removed mistakenly, then also you can face this driver error.
- Due to sudden power cuts, some files may get missing and you might encounter this very error.
In the section that follows, you will get the solutions for fixing this glitch.
Solutions To Resolve Keyboard Driver Error
Here, you will get various workable steps that will help you to solve this error efficiently and easily.
Restart The Machine
If there are any issues with the hardware of your computer such that you are getting the keyboard driver error, then the easiest way to resolve that problem is to reboot your machine.
If, even after rebooting your machine, you are unable to rectify this glitch, then move to the next alternative.
Update Your Keyboard Driver
- First, right-click on ‘Windows Logo’ on the task bar. Then, from the options list, choose the option ‘Device Manager’. This will display a ‘Device Manager’ window.
- Within that window, locate the category ‘Keyboards,’ then double-click and expand it.
- Now, from the expanded list, choose the keyboard driver and right-click on it. From the pop-up options list, choose the option ‘Update Driver Software’.
- Next, within the new window that comes up, you will get to see two options. Among the two, choose the first one.
- Then, wait for the computer to finish downloading and then installing the update for this driver. After the update process is complete, restart the computer.
Remove The Battery And Power Cable
- First, shut down the Lenovo computer or laptop.
- Next, take out the power cable from the wall socket and also take the battery out from your laptop.
- Now, tap and hold down the power button of the device for one minute.
- Then, put back the battery on your laptop and plug the power cable on to the wall outlet once again.
- Finally, reboot the device and inspect whether the keyboard is showing any error or not.
If you are getting the 301 keyboard error after an update of any driver or the Windows Operating System, then the solution is to perform a system restore. For this to happen, you should have already created some restore points, so that, if needed, you can restore to a point where there was no error.
- First, hit the ‘Start’ menu. Then, in the search area, type in ‘control panel.’ Now, from the results of this search, choose the ‘Control Panel’ option and open that.
- Within the Control Panel’ window, alter the ‘View by’ option to ‘Small icons’ and then choose the category ‘System’.
- In the new window that pops up, go to the left panel and choose a link ‘System protection’.This link has administrative rights.
- After that, you will see the ‘System Properties’ window. Within this window, choose the tab ‘System Protection’.
- You will see the new window that has a name ‘System Restore’. In it, hit the ‘Next’ button. In the list that appears, you will have to choose the restore point that is created on the date before the given error occurred.
- Finally, in the message box that comes up, tap on the ‘Yes’ button. After your computer is restored to a specific restore point, reboot your computer.
Get Help By Contacting Our Experts
If you are unable to solve the keyboard driver error, then do contact our support team. All the technicians present in this team will certainly help you to solve any kind of error with your Lenovo device. You can contact any of our professionals via the support number[+1-800-763-4027 ]. Even you can post your query via the online chat portal or through our email ID.